This new version fixes several bugs and performance regressions related to the new quadstore introduced in the
Here are the changes in version 0.13:
- Fix performance regression due to suboptimal index in the quadstore
- Fix messing up with IRI ending with a /
- Fix error in World cloning
- Fix the addition of Thing in class's parent when redefining a class with Thing as the only parent
- Fix inverse_resctriction()
- Add error message when creating an existent quadstore
Cython is used in Owlready for optimizing some code in C. Currently, only RDF/XML, OWL/XML and NTriples parsers are concerned. When Cython is available during Owlready installation, it compiles the parsers, leading to a 20% performance boost when parsing ontologies.
You can either install Cython (and a C compiler) and re-install Owlready to benefit from the optimized module, or continue using the non-optimized version -- functionalities are the same, but parsers are a bit slower.